Specialities of CBSE(i)
There is a synergy between all areas of knowledge. All issues in life do not exist in isolation, they are linked and need to be addressed side by side as part of a whole. This has to faced and solutions found. Therefore integration in learning the themes/topics through all the disciplines becomes indispensable.
CATERING TO MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCES AND INDIVIDUAL LEVELS OF LEARNING APTITUDES:
Maximizes learning opportunities as it is learner centric with the teacher acting as a powerful facilitator. Values individual Talents and Learning Abilities.
COLLABORATIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING PROCESSES:
- Encourages teamwork and interdependence
- Analysis and discovery.
- Connectivity with the real world.
- Maximizes use of collective teaching and learning strength.
ENQUIRY BASED LEARNING AND RESEARCH SKILLS ENCOURAGE STUDENTS TO:
- Raise questions.
- Analyse, think and reflect.
- Create knowledge using print & Electronic material
- Analyse and discover
ACTIVITY AND PROJECT BASED LEARNING:
- Produces task oriented students.
- Focus on self-paced discovery in learning
- Encourages independent and inter dependent learners.
- Enhances experiential learning
CONNECTIVITY WITH THE REAL WORLD:
- Reaches out to a global audience through the teaching of foreign languages and cultural exchanges.
- Empowers students to be instruments of change.
- Encourage students to face and solve present and future challenges locally and globally through perspectives.
- Study of local and world-wide issues through research, debate and brainstorming in order to achieve a knowledgeable and educated position before proffering solutions/opinions.
LIFE SKILLS ENCOURAGE
- Critical thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Conflict solving skills
- Cooperation and leadership skills
- Gender sensitivity
- Connectivity with the real world
(Social Empowerment through work and action)
THE STUDENTS WILL:
- Develop empathy
- Learn outreach
- Be sensitive to need of others
- Be able to share and assist others
- Look after their environment and protect it.
- Accept differences
- Make positive change happen.
- Inculcate self respect and confidence